We are looking for Assistant Managers who want to be part of the Planet Fitness team! As an Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members, and guests, ensuring an exceptional "Judgement Free" member experience, and leading a team of associates to achieve operational excellence!
Why you should join Planet Fitness:
- Great growth opportunities - we are a dynamic and growing company!
- An excellent Training program.
- Set Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance benefits.
- 401(k) with a generous employer match
- FREE Black Card Membership (inspiring you and your closest friend to be your best!)
- A generous paid time off policy that is available on your start date and increases along with your tenure!
- A sparkling clean work environment (where we all pitch in to keep the club pristine!)
- Contribute to changing people's lives every day by helping us create a healthier Planet
- Work hard play hard with an amazing group of talented, dynamic team members
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- In partnership with the General Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for the entire operation and management of the Club, ensuring positive member experience, teamwork and operational excellence.
- The Assistant Manager, manages and is responsible for all aspects of the Club’s operation in the absence of the Club General Manager. To work productively as part of a team and to motivate and inspire the team to achieve club productivity and customer service goals. To follow all Company standards, ensuring that the work shift contributes to the financial best interests of the Club, ensuring the individual and collective skills of the team are utilized effectively, and both the staff and member experience is positive.
- The Assistant Manager will assist with recruitment, hiring and training in order to ensure that the club is fully staffed at all times.
- Ensures excellence in Company Customer Service/Member Service at all times by consistently creating a welcoming environment for the members by greeting and assisting, as well as quickly responding to member inquires and needs.
Qualifications and Physical Demands:
- Prior fitness management, retail management, or an Associate’s degree in Exercise Science, Business, Kinesiology, or similar degree, or a combination of experience and education preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during your shift.
- Continual talking to members and potential members in person and on the phone during your shift.
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds.
Compensation depends on experience.
Joining the Planet Fitness family means being part of a company that cares about bettering the health and wellbeing of our communities. It means being a part of a supportive, engaging workforce with an inclusive culture that values diversity and creates an environment where everyone can feel they belong. It means encouraging professional growth and development. It means making true, lasting connections with you co-workers. It means creating a positive impact in our local communities through our Judgement Free Generation philanthropic initiative. It means being part of a brand that you can be proud of!
Equal Opportunity Employer
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.