We are looking for General Managers who want to be part of the Planet Fitness team! As a General Manager, you will be responsible for providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members, and guests, ensuring an exceptional "Judgement Free" member experience, and leading a team of associates to achieve operational excellence!
Why you should join Planet Fitness:
- Great growth opportunities - we are a dynamic and growing company!
- An excellent Training program.
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance benefits.
- 401(k) with a generous employer match
- FREE Black Card Membership (inspiring you and your closest friend to be your best!)
- A generous paid time off policy that is available on your start date and increases along with your tenure!
- A sparkling clean work environment (where we all pitch in to keep the club pristine!)
- Contribute to changing people's lives every day by helping us create a healthier Planet
- Work hard play hard with an amazing group of talented, dynamic team members
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- The General Manager is responsible for the entire operation and management of the Club, ensuring positive member experience, teamwork and operational excellence. Properly, timely, accurately and systematically executes daily, month end and year end statistical reporting, including inventory reports, ordering reports, payroll reports, EFT reports, etc. per Company guidelines.
- Controls the club’s budget, ensuring that the club’s profit and loss statement meets or exceeds projected guidelines and percentages. Ensures excellence in Company Customer Service/Member Service at all times by consistently creating a welcoming environment for the customers/members by greeting and assisting, as well as quickly responding to member inquires and needs, including Info. calls, club tours, etc.
- The General Manager demonstrates and trains staff for desired behaviors, including driving sales, handling difficult and/or complicated sales and customer situations, including ensuring that all member transactions are processed properly, promptly and accurately, especially enrollments and cancellations.
- Properly maintains a clean, organized and orderly club, ensuring favorable public image, through training, delegation, ordering and inventorying supplies, etc. Identifies operational and financial deficiencies in the club, develops a plan, implements the plan and follows up on any and all operational and financial deficiencies in the club, ensuring optimal financial growth and profitability.
- The General Manager ensures proper staffing and coverage in the club based on business needs.
- Conducts all evaluations and performance reviews for all staff in the club.
- Ensures the safety and protection of the employees and members in the club and the entire club property.
- Properly follows all Planet Fitness policies and guidelines as they pertain to employee pay. Ensures that all Time Administration standards and policies are being properly followed and administered to ensure accuracy in the Time Administration system to ensure that all employees are properly paid.
Qualifications and Physical Demands:
- Previous experience as a General Manager in a customer service field required.
- Prior fitness management, retail management, or an Associate’s degree in Exercise Science, Business, Kinesiology, or similar degree, or a combination of experience and education preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during your shift.
- Continual talking to members and potential members in person and on the phone during your shift.
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds.
Joining the Planet Fitness family means being part of a company that cares about bettering the health and wellbeing of our communities. It means being a part of a supportive, engaging workforce with an inclusive culture that values diversity and creates an environment where everyone can feel they belong. It means encouraging professional growth and development. It means making true, lasting connections with you co-workers. It means creating a positive impact in our local communities through our Judgement Free Generation philanthropic initiative. It means being part of a brand that you can be proud of!
Equal Opportunity Employer
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.