Accounts Payable Assistant
Location: Livonia, MI
Type: Full Time
Planet Fitness Michigan Group- Accounts Payable Assistant Position located in Northville, MI
Do you have an eye for detail and want to be part of a collaborative team within a growing company? Come and join our friendly, 'judgement free' team!
The Accounts Payable Assistant will assist the accounting team and perform specific accounting function and operations. The individual is expected to be accurate, efficient, and have a customer-service mindset.
The Accounts Payable Assistant responsibilities include:
- Responsible for maintaining the fixed asset inventory database for the Franchise.
- Assists with reconciliation of the fixed asset inventory database with Financial Analyst.
- Conducts annual fixed inventory database audit.
- Prepares deposits and takes them to the bank.
- Processes expense reimbursement checks for employees following Company protocol and procedures.
- Follows up with the clubs on member returned checks and chargeback disputes.
- Enters data in document management software for review by Accounts Payable and Accounting Assistant.
- Opens and sorts mail accordingly and scans invoices into the document management software program.
- Assists with month end credit card/expense reconciliation.
- Observes strict confidentiality of all Company records and financial information and safeguards against unauthorized access to such information at all times.
- Follows and observes all Company policies and procedures, standards of conduct as outlined in the Employee Handbook and as directed by upper management. Adheres to all local, state and federal laws and guidelines.
- Properly processes all administrative and accounting tasks in a timely, proper and accurate manner.
- When needed, answers the Company phones and accurately and politely handles and/or forwards all calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting, plus 1 to 3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience, or a combination of experience and education preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of accounts payables processes and general accounting procedures preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel required.
- Accounting software experience preferred.
- Attention to detail, especially as it pertains to organization, prioritization, follow up, administrative responsibilities and Accounts Payable and Accounting goals and objectives.
What we offer:
- Excellent Development Opportunities
- FREE Black Card Membership (inspiring you and your closest friend to be your best!)
- A generous paid time off policy that is available on your start date and increases along with your tenure!
- Health/Medical and prescription Drug card benefits.
- Dental and Vision benefits.
- AFLAC supplemental benefits.
- Commensurate with experience.
Planet Fitness, Inc. (NYSE:PLNT), has revolutionized the fitness industry! With more than 1,000 locations in 47 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada, Planet Fitness' mission is to enhance people's lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which we call the Judgement Free Zone®.
We’re aggressively expanding and looking for talented individuals to help us conquer Gymtimidation® everywhere!
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.