Location: Livonia, MI
Type: Full Time
- Results driven
- Attention to detail
Roles and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and duties of the Recruiting Specialist position include:
- Talent pipeline: sourcing, identifying, recommending, and supporting recruiting/talent acquisition for all assigned corporate positions.
- Talent pipeline: sourcing, identifying, recommending, and supporting recruiting/talent acquisition on the club level (specifically focusing on key positions and new club openings).
- Recruiting/Talent Acquisition planning, execution, and consistency in results.
- Acquires and ensures a thorough understanding of job responsibilities for required competencies, skills, qualifications, and knowledge required of successful applicants for each position.
- Properly assesses and utilizes selection criteria to ensure proper hiring decisions, including our Applicant Tracking system, the interview process, and related processes, such as background checks, employment verifications, etc. ensuring proper legal compliance.
- Pre-screens candidates and submits qualified candidates to hiring managers based on the provided job description and culture fit.
- Creates, maintains, and properly updates, as necessary, any and all job postings.
- Properly manages confidential and personal identifying information.
- Ensures documentation properly meets compliance of the recruitment process.
- Passionate advocate for candidate experience; constantly thinks about how to improve the experience for candidates within the established company framework.
- Analyzes talent acquisition, turnover, and retention data, creates reports, incorporates trends and comparisons, working with other departments as needed.
- Organizes and attends job fairs, hiring fairs, and recruitment events, especially those that pertain to new club openings, ensuring optimal exposure and marketing to maximize participation and results.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or business and two to four years recruiting experience in a retail or gym environment, or related field or a combination of HR education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of recruiting/talent acquisition processes.
- Proven track record of success in recruiting quality candidates/talent acquisition.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Persistent follow through and proper resolution on assignments and projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exercises proper judgment in prioritization of job responsibilities, execution of assignments and projects, and contributions to the team.
What we offer:
- Great career growth opportunities - we are a dynamic and growing company
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance benefits
- A 401k program with an excellent Company match
- FREE Planet Fitness Black Card Membership
- AFLAC supplemental benefits
- Employer paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- A generous paid time off policy that is available on your start date and increases along with your tenure
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.