We are looking for Club General Managers who want to be part of the Planet Fitness team! As a Club General Manager, you will be responsible for providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members, and guests, ensuring an exceptional "Judgement Free" member experience, and leading a team of associates to achieve operational excellence!
Why you should join Planet Fitness:
- Great growth opportunities - we are a dynamic and growing company!
- An excellent Training program.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance benefits.
- 401(k) with a generous employer match
- FREE Black Card Membership (inspiring you and your closest friend to be your best!)
- A generous paid time off policy that is available on your start date and increases along with your tenure!
- A sparkling clean work environment (where we all pitch in to keep the club pristine!)
- Contribute to changing people's lives every day by helping us create a healthier Planet
- Work hard play hard with an amazing group of talented, dynamic team members
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Greet members and guests, providing exceptional customer service and doing your best to make members feel comfortable and welcomed!
- Overall operation of the club ensuring positive operational results, assigning and directing work, leading by example, training and development, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check in members, provide tours of the club and sign up new members, log amenities and communicate updates and billing issues to members and guests.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Utilize company computer system to assist with new memberships, membership cards, change of address and billing or payment questions.
- Handle sensitive and confidential member information and agreements.
- Go above and beyond to keep the front desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
- Ensuring exceptional and consistent cleanliness standards throughout the club.
Qualifications and Physical Demands:
- Previous experience as a General Manager in a customer service field required.
- Prior fitness management, retail management, or an Associate’s degree in Exercise Science, Business, Kinesiology, or similar degree, or a combination of experience and education preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during your shift.
- Continual talking to members and potential members in person and on the phone during your shift.
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds.
Joining the PF family means being part of a company that cares about bettering the health and wellbeing of our communities. It means being a part of a supportive, engaging workforce with an inclusive culture that values diversity and creates an environment where everyone can feel they belong. It means encouraging professional growth and development. It means making true, lasting connections with you co-workers. It means creating a positive impact in our local communities through our Judgement Free Generation philanthropic initiative. It means being part of a brand that you can be proud of!
Equal Opportunity Employer
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.