Accounting Manager in Dover New Hampshire
Location: Livonia, MI
Type: Full Time
Planet Fitness is currently seeking a Accounting Manager to join our EPIC team in Dover, New Hampshire!
The ideal Accounting Manager is an adaptable, process-driven individual who strives to positively lead the Accounting department. The ideal candidate is “hands on,” meticulous, and driven. The right candidate will take ownership and responsibility for the Accounting department results, utilizing the appropriate tools and reports in order to highlight best practices, showcase executional excellence, and produce results.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for Leading, Managing, and holding Accountable the Accounting team.
- Ensures excellent and timely Accounting department results. Meets all deadlines and ensures accurate and thorough results.
- Ensures that the General Ledger is all encompassing of the company’s accounting records, including, but not limited to real estate company accounting records from third party management companies, and any/all other relevant entries and information.
- Properly establishes and executes the month end closing calendar and manages the closing effort to meet all deadlines, ensuring accuracy and consistency, and in conjunction with pro-actively implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Executes and ensures consistency in the use of the accounting sub-systems (including CCH, Dude Solutions, DocuPeak, Lease Query, etc.)
- Reviews and prepares monthly general ledger account reconciliations and maintains a proper audit trail of supporting records, as appropriate/required.
- Assists with the management of daily cash management processes in the Company clubs.
- Executes and ensures consistency in the preparation of all interim and year-end audit schedules.
- Schedules, plans, and executes the timely filing of all state and local tax returns, other than income tax returns, as well as 1099’s.
- Above is a list of the most important responsibilities and functions, which are essential to the position. Employees must be able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Accommodations will be evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case by case basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential functions and other relevant factors.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, master’s degree in Accounting, or CPA a plus.
- Experience: At least three years of experience in a similar role overseeing the financial accounting activities and supervising the accounting staff in a comparably sized, multi-location business.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Must be fluent in keyboarding and computer systems.
- Ability to handle confidential matter.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees.
What we offer:
- Great growth opportunities - we are a dynamic and growing company!
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance benefits.
- FREE Black Card Membership!
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.