Location: Livonia, MI
Type: Full Time
Are you process and procedure-oriented? Do you love working as part of a payroll team to accurately and timely process bi-weekly payrolls, on-board employees, process benefit enrollments, and celebrate those results? Do you enjoy evaluating operational activities and making recommendations to improve efficiency and accuracy?
Our ideal Payroll Coordinator is an adaptable, process-driven individual who strives to provide a positive impact on the Payroll department. The ideal candidate is “hands on,” meticulous, and driven. The right candidate will take ownership and responsibility for their assigned region’s payrolls, utilizing the appropriate tools and reports in order to highlight best practices, showcase executional excellence, and produce results.
Do these qualities describe you?
- Results driven
Overview of the responsibilities and duties of this position:
- Responsible for preparing and processing all payroll functions for all clubs within assigned regions.
- Reviews current payroll, benefits, and tax procedures and partners with Payroll and Benefits Manager to recommend and implement process improvements to establish best practices.
- Assists with the administration and supervision of the Company’s timekeeping, payroll and human resource software programs and modules, including appropriate training, recommendations for changes/upgrades, compliance, etc.
- Creates attendance reports, labor activity reports, etc. for the Vice President of Operations/Ownership group, Human Resource Director and the operations management team.
- Manages the following reporting processes: ACA, EEO1, Department of Labor economic surveys, etc.
- Assists with the annual benefit selection process as well as the open enrollment process.
- Reviews all benefit invoices for accuracy and codes for accurate posting to the General Ledger.
- Makes effective and objective decisions regarding task priorities and other situations where multiple factors must be considered and weighed in order to maximize performance, accuracy, productivity, and results.
- Performs other related job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Two-year college or university program certificate; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least three years of experience in a similar role.
- Prior payroll and/or benefit administration experience required.
- Strong computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills (detail oriented, goal oriented, follow through).
- Must be at least 18 years of age and demonstrate a strong knowledge of payroll, payroll processing,and human resources.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.