Corporate Real Estate Manager
Location: Livonia, MI
Type: Full Time
Are you looking for a great opportunity with a growing, world-class organization? Want to work in a friendly, judgement-free work environment?
Planet Fitness Michigan Group is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented Corporate Real Estate Manager to join our Real Estate, Construction, and Development department.
To perform all aspects of the Corporate Real Estate Manager position job responsibilities according to Company policies, procedures and standards. The Corporate Real Estate Manager will be the go-to resource for all internal and external customers for all real estate related items, issues, and processes. All areas described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the status of new PF club construction and existing PF club remodels.
- Ensures proper communication and coordination with landlords, insurance agents, franchise attorney, accounting department, and any and all necessary and required departments and individuals regarding new PF club construction and existing PF club remodels.
- Review monthly reports from third-party property managers for PFMG-owned properties and escalate any issues that deserve executive attention.
- Properly administers all real estate responsibilities, ensuring that all required actions are taken to ensure that deadlines and initiatives are properly met.
- Enters prospective sites into Tango software and generate analytics to assist decision makers with site selection for new PF clubs.
- Assists Accounting with analysis of charges governed by the lease to ensure proper payment. Research and interpret lease documentation for other internal customers upon request.
- Drafts amendments to modify and extend lease terms for existing PF clubs.
- Establish business entities in the State of Michigan and State of Ohio for purposes of real estate transactions.
- Other duties as assigned/directed.
Note: This description represents a significant sampling of tasks performed, responsibilities and job knowledge required; however, it is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, talk and hear.
- The employee must frequently lift or move 25 pounds.
- This position involves a combination of an office environment setting (as the position is highly collaborative) as well as time spent in the field and at real estate/construction sites.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.