Human Resource Director
Location: Livonia, MI
Type: Full Time
HR MANAGER – PLANET FITNESS FRANCHISE
Consistently ranked as one of Inc. Magazine’s 5000 fastest growing companies, Planet Fitness is an exciting growth company taking the fitness industry by storm. Founded in 1992, we’ve revolutionized the industry with our combination of affordable prices, great value, and non-intimidating Judgment Free Zone®.
With more than 800 clubs nationwide and over 5.5 million members, we’re aggressively expanding and looking for talented individuals. If you want to work at a company that offers a great culture, competitive salaries and benefits, then Planet Fitness could be for you.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Human Resource Director professional at the Main Office of the growing Planet Fitness franchise, PF Michigan Group in Northville, Michigan, currently 800 employees strong. The right individual must be a sharp, well rounded HR Director, knowledgeable in all facets of human resources, including but not limited to: ACA reporting and compliance, time and attendance software, employee investigations, discipline and separations, labor law compliance, performance management, benefits, unemployment, policy development, FMLA, and ADA.
Summary: To effectively direct, perform and oversee the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the Human Resource function for the Company. All areas described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, implementing, and supporting training on human resources policies.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- Leads staffing, recruiting, onboarding and retention processes and resources.
- Manage benefit plans and vendors.
- Oversees the payroll and timekeeping programs, vendors, and resources.
- Oversees employee incidents reporting program and workers compensation claims.
- Oversees and processes all unemployment claims for the Company.
- Oversees and processes all FMLA requests/claims and ADA accommodation requests.
- Coordinate training programs, performance appraisal process and compensation systems.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management on policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Assists executive management in preparation and administration of wage and salary program.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by COO, on personnel matters.
- Works directly with regional management team and club management to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the Company.
- Properly organizes and maintains file systems and other necessary records.
- Observes strict confidentiality of all company records and financial information and safeguards against unauthorized access to such information at all times.
- Follows scheduled hours and labor guidelines as scheduled or assigned by Company guidelines.
- Maintains excellent communications with the clubs and throughout the organization.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources Management or related field of study.
- Five+ years experience in a progressively challenging Human Resources role that encompassed all facets of human resources.
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations, including FMLA, ADA, ACA
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, and evaluation.
- Experience in recruiting and staffing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior Human Resource, Payroll, and Benefits Administration experience required.
- Excellent organizational skills (detail oriented, goal oriented, follow through).
- Great attitude (people skills, innovative, proactive).
- Must be at least 18 years of age and demonstrate a strong knowledge of Human Resources, Payroll and Benefits Administration.
- Previous experience with processing workers compensation claims.
- Previous experience with processing unemployment claims.
- Previous experience with processing and guiding FMLA and ADA claims and requests.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.