Club General Manager
Location: Southfield, MI
Type: Full Time
We are looking for Club General Managers who want to be part of the Planet Fitness team! As a Club General Manager, you will be responsible for providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members, and guests, ensuring an exceptional "Judgement Free" member experience, and leading a team of associates to achieve operational excellence!
We are looking for individuals who demonstrate and believe in our Core EPIC values:
- E = Excellence in operations, cleanliness, communication, team building, leadership and problem solving.
- P = People First: the qualified individual will consistently demonstrate a “People First” leadership style relative to their team of employees and the members, potential members and guests in the club, while motivating and leading the team!
- I = Integrity in managing the club, leading the team, resolving member issues and managing results, while leading by example and encouraging greatness!
- C = Customer Mania: demonstrating the highest level of excellence in customer relations, customer communication, conflict resolution and member growth. Ensuring that our members are WOWED during every visit to the club.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
Customer Service/Front Desk Activities:
- Greet members and guests, providing exceptional customer service and doing your best to make members feel comfortable and welcomed!
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check in members, provide tours of the club and sign up new members, log amenities and communicate updates and billing issues to members and guests.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Utilize company computer system to assist with new memberships, membership cards, change of address and billing or payment questions.
- Handle sensitive and confidential member information and agreements.
- Go above and beyond to keep the front desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
- Ensuring exceptional and consistent cleanliness standards throughout the club.
- Overall operation of the club ensuring positive operational results, assigning and directing work, leading by example, training and development, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Previous experience as a General Manager in a customer service field required.
- Prior fitness management, retail management, or an Associate’s degree in Exercise Science, Business, Kinesiology, or similar degree, or a combination of experience and education preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during your shift.
- Continual talking to members and potential members in person and on the phone during your shift.
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds.
What we offer:
- Great growth opportunities - we are a dynamic and growing company!
- An excellent Training program.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance benefits.
- FREE Black Card Membership (inspiring you and your closest friend to be your best!)
- A generous paid time off policy that is available on your start date and increases along with your tenure!
- Great base pay plus aggressive bonus potential.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.